Our Program Meetings (which feature a speaker and are open to the public)
and our Planning Meetings (open to members only) are held via Zoom.
For more info on planning meetings, see Planning Meetings.
For prior program meeting recordings, see Program Meeting Recordings.
Our next Program Meeting is
Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 7 – 8:30 p.m. via Zoom
Meeting Topic: Oh, Sister! Documentary
Oh, Sister! is a documentary about six women facing the challenges of the ongoing Russian invasion, and fighting for peace, justice and freedom in Ukraine.
Oh, Sister! shows the central role women play in facing the challenges of war, keeping life going, and fighting for peace, justice and equality. It features stories of the following women:
- Oleksandra Matviychuk – human rights lawyer, Head of the Center for Civil Liberties, Nobel Peace Prize laureate 2022
- Alla Melnychuk – Head of Mother and Newborn, a charitable organization helping to save lives of infants with severe health issues
- Tata Kepler – a medical supplies volunteer, Head of Ptakhy Foundation providing tactical medical supplies on an industrial scale
- Natalia Kudrych and Nadia Zhmykovska – train conductors for Ukrainian Railways;
- Lastivka – a medical platoon leader on the front lines.
The film was commissioned by the Nobel Women’s Initiative in partnership with United for Ukraine, following the journey of three female Nobel Peace Prize laureates: Tawakkol Karman of Yemen, Jody Williams of USA, and Leymah Gbowee of Liberia – to Krakow, Poland, and Lviv, Ukraine in June 2022.
A discussion of the film will follow.
Register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
For inquiries, email email@example.com.
7 – 7:30 p.m. — Social Time
7:30 – 8:30 p.m. — Program
8:30 – 9:00 p.m. — Program Evaluation / Questions / Social Time